Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Same problem - Different Kata

Today I'm working on the Bassai dai kata. When I started to do it I realized a lot of things I need to change. Most of them the same as in the other Katas.

It's strange in doing Kata how many new things you can find that you wasn't aware of being wrong before. This always happends after improving on an other one. When you start to work on an improvement in one Kata the same issues pops up in the next one too. That goes for every Kata I do now. Maybe you just need only one to practice? No, I'm just kidding. You probably need all of them for different reasons. But I still believe I need to do more Kata training no matter what.

Next step will be to practice some Bunkai as well. I have learned some and I'm struggeling with remembering them and finding them in the Kata. That's strange because the Kata should be a good help to remember them, that's what it is meant for. Isn't it? Why don't we learn Bunkai first and then the Kata? Things would be much easier to remember then.

Now I need to find out where to start.

(confused...)


Kommentarer