Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Mixed training

In yesterdays class in the Dojo we practiced some Self defence situations. Trying different techniques and strategies when someone hold your arms, grabs your clothes or bear hugs you. I ended up in the Koryu Uchinadi "Gyaku Waza" exercise a few times!!! Who could think that?!! Practicing the two person drills really works!

We were also sparring with rules from the "All style" competition. "All Style" is held in Sweden several times every year and you can compete within different rules. At the moment our Dojo don't have any students attending competitions but we still do a lot of sparring in the Dojo. Not only WKF fighting, but self defence sparring and some kind of MMA sparring too. Today we were fighting with the no-punching-to-the-head rules from "All Style" which contains low-kicks but no punching to the head. But I think you are allowed to kick to the head. I need to check that out.

We tried to apply the rules without dropping the guard which easily happends when the opponent isn't suppose to punch you in the face. Well, I ended up accidently punching my opponents in the head all the time, because that's what I'm used to do. My opponents did the same. We need some more practice for these rules I think. The opponents and me of course dropt our guard accidently all the time too. I forgot to block the lowkicks as well. I want to get used to fight with the lowkicks. In WKF karate there isn't lowkicks and the fighters can have a longer/lower fighting stance and then they have a problem blocking the kicks if you use the low ones in other competitions. We try sparring with different rules from time to time.

We also did some Kihon practice. I tried to focus on good Kime in the end of the techniques. This is really what I need right now. I haven't focused on this part that much before.

Besides the training in the Dojo I do some Koryu Uchinadi training and the Katas we are supposed to know at Tatsu Karate, at home or after the classes in the Dojo. I haven't focused at the Kata part so much before and need to improve it now. I know the moves in the Katas. I just have to get less wobbly. The only way to get there is to practice a lot.

After the last weeks training I'm feeling a bit confused like you do from time to time. I don't really know where to continue and what I should focus on right now. Probably I'm just having low energy levels because I'm still not fit after my cold. What I do know is that next thing to do is what I always do. Go to the Dojo and do my very best. Effort...

Kommentarer