Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

A lot of work to do

Yesterday I practiced some Kata before I went to the Dojo. I choose Pinan Shodan because I haven't practiced that for a long time and wanted to compare it to how I performed it before. Realized that I was aware of a few new details this time that I wasn't aware of before. That's good and that was what I hoped for. The other Kata I choose for yesterday was Pinan Nidan because of the revealing postures, fighting stances and body movements. Most of the things I need to improve shows when I do the Pinan Nidan.

Later I went to the Dojo to see my friends there. Back to basics and Anders Sensei teached us some Ippon Kumite where I could work on my stability problems and adjust my postures when doing my techniques. Very useful.

When I was doing some stretching after the Karate I also made a list of things to improve. These are things that should get me more stability. Markus Sensei told me that one of the things that makes my Karate looking a bit wobbly is that I don't end up in a good posture right way after the technique.

Improvement list:

  • Kime in the end of the technique.
  • Big classic moves and a good Hikite when I do every technique in the combination. This will help me to use my hips better to get better body rotation when using the teqchniques. It's useful when blocking, punching, kicking and moving around in different postures to break the opponents balance by pulling and pushing him or her in different directions. A good body movement makes me able to use my bodyweight in the techniques better and makes my techniques more powerful. I have a lot of work to do!
  • When it gets "to much for the head" stop thinking and just do the technique without thinking so much a few times. Start all over with the part where I try to correct the technique step by step.
  • Try to think one step ahead when I end up in the position after the technique. Keeping in mind that I 'm going to do a Tsuki or something after the last technique even if I'm not going to do it. That will hopefully help me to end up in a much better position.



Kommentarer