Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Updating maps


I don't like upgrading things. I had to update the maps in my Tom Tom Rider 2 before I left to visit my parents. Never ever do that the night before you are about to leave somewhere. It ended up with all maps that was in the navigator except Gran Canaria disappeared even from my safety copy. I just can't believe I did that, what did I do wrong?

And I thought that it does not matter because I was going to put in a new map for the west and central Europe there instead of the old one and then I needed to remove the old map anyway so there will be enough space on the memory card. But the new map turned out to be bigger than the SD memory card. Now I didn't have a map at all. Except for Gran Canaria. Where did that one come from in the first place?

I put the at the moment useless Tom Tom Rider 2 in my backpack and went the motor way I'm familiar with down to Småland and decided to solve the problem down here and then I can go the curvy roads home if I want. So today I had to buy a new memory card that was much bigger than the old one.

I had to struggle for hours to update the maps and finally be able to see if the new memory card would work well together with the navigator I have, because I had to buy a SDHC card and the old one was a plane SD.

A lot of times I got problems with running out of disc on my computer and had to move things from one partition to another. That's probably one of the reasons it took a lot of time copying the maps. On the way I needed to upgrade the application I use on the computer to work with the navigator and the software on the navigator it self. Without the new versions of those I wouldn't be able to use the new SDHC memory card at all.

It worked out well in the end and now finally I have a much better navigator with a new map and a lot of new functions to it. It only took a lot of time to get there.

Kommentarer