Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

On my Bike on a Go kart track


Nice! First time with my bike on a Go Kart track. Well, first time ever on a track for me at all.

Couldn't fall asleep the night before, sometimes I just can't. Was still awake at the sun rise. Had about two huors sleep before I went up to have some breakfast and leave towards Rörken Motorstadion in Uppsala. Rörken - here I come!



One hour motorway drive to Uppsala. I was a bit tired that early in the morning so I decided to start carefully. When I got closer to Uppsala I found out they had changed, moved and rebuilt all the roads all over the place so my GPS was a bit confused. Need to update the maps and information in it as soon as possible. Finally I got there by guessing a lot.

The last part of the roads turned out to be gravelled roads! I haven't been driving on that for many, many years! I tried to remember to relax all the time and let the bike just do it's work. I haven't tried this bike on that kind of roads yet and it's still intact now so it went well. A lot of years ago when I started to drive bikes I just loved gravelled roads, but not necesserally with a Street/Sports kind of bike and that kind of tyres then.

Arrived and got a little nervous. Have never been to a track of any kind before so I registered in the beginners group. Here we go. First there was this theory lesson with a introduction with everything you need to know before getting out there the first time. After that I got my yellow vest (the beginners group) and the number 18 on it. Now it really felt strange to put that on and go and get the bike for the safety check. The check wasn't a problem, the bike is only 3 months old with no special things added to it (except for the fly screen) and nothing removed, recently back from its first factory recommended service. Then we lined up, turned the mirrors away and waited for the beginners turn to go out on the track.

The Street Triple is fantastic, it can keep even me on the tricky narrow curvy Go Kart track despite all stupid things you can end up with doing as a beginner. The bike is forgiving but not boring at all to drive.



Now I'm trying to find a way to get to a 4 day practice at a track in Finland. But I need to find someone to share a trailer with and then we probably need a car that can take the trailer too. Lets see how that ends!

Kommentarer